12 Weeks!

Kenley is 12 weeks today! We had a fun and busy week! Some highlights: Kenley and Michael came to see me sworn into the bar on Wednesday at the Court of Appeals. The judges held a nice little swearing in ceremony for the incoming clerks - five of us were sworn in at the same time! Here's our little family: I'm all sworn in!


Here I am saying to oath with five other clerks from the court. All of the judges except two were on the bench for this "special session," although my judge, Judge Marlin Appelwick, was out of town so I was introduced by Judge Dwyer.


Here are Michael and Kenley getting ready to watch - what a pro dad with his diaper bag, bjorn, and blackberry!


Kenley was very good during the ceremony although she squawked a little during the beginning. She quieted down for my introduction. Each judge introduced his or her clerk and allowed the clerk to introduce my family, although when my turn came around it was quickly pointed out by the presiding Chief Judge that my family had already introduced themselves! :)
Back to babyland for a few more days, today Kenley and I went to Bainbridge Island to visit with Kori, a mom from Centering, and her baby Pearl, along with other moms and babies from centering. Pearl slept most of the time so she missed out on the pics, but here are some great photos Ali snapped on her big camera.


Kenley, Avery, and Jillian.


Best friends. And by that I mean the babies are best friends with their hands.
A very cute baby, if I do say so myself! After visiting Kori, we headed across the island to see Kendra, Dee, Levi, Carlos, and Trey. A fun but busy house! Great to see everyone, we had a good time but Kenley was so tired she couldn't even finish her bath before she had to konk out - and you know how much she loves her bath!

Finally, here's a cute video of Kenley playing with Daddy!

Work starts on Monday! I have my house rearranged, my first case emailed to me, and my pump ready for serious action! MK is ready to take over! As Kori told us today of a mom summed it all up perfectly: when her husband came home after a long day of work and asked her what she did all day, she responded "I kept our baby alive and I had a glass of water."

Comments

  1. Dear Rachel and Mike and Kenley, What a handsome family! I can't wait to meet you in person, Kenley! Have a Grand Thanksgiving!! Auntie Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that little darling looks more like her Daddy every day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why "Kenley"?

35 Weeks: Baby Lunch!

First Ultra Sound!