I'm already tearing up reading about our first baby!! This is definitely going to be a summer of joyful tears for so many reasons! I love you guys and know you'll be fab parents. I'm so excited to babysit! Tessa
Beautiful "blankie"! Love the colors! From a preschool teacher's (who also has toddlers in her class) point-of-view "blankies", "softies", "lovies" etc are a lifesaver!
We love Easter! We were so excited to celebrate with the whole fam this year (Bebe and Papa missed it last year), and for Kenley to actually hunt for eggs (you might remember last year's picture where we just put KK in a pile of eggs and let her "hunt" for the eggs she could reach!). Easter basket is stuffed, food ready, eggs hid...we are ready! Kenley loved her Easter basket! It had some extras from Mama, Bebe, Grandma, and Great-Grandma. Kenley was so happy she hardly noticed what was missing...(candy!). Kenley's a pro with these instruments, which she learned how to use at music class. She was so happy to have her own set! Most of all she loved her new books! Here's Kenley with Bebe and Nan. Thanks Mary and Megan for the candy and the cool glasses! But mostly the candy.... It's time for the hunt! The rainy weather made the Easter bunny improvise and hide eggs only on the front porch and lawn...but it worked out great! Kenley is a pro now! Chocolate coins t...
We are ready and waiting for the baby to come! Everything is washed, the freezer is stocked, mom is here, and Michal's professional development week is over. OK pot, we're watchin'!
Many people have been asking why we selected Kenley's name, so I thought I would post a little background. When we thought about what we wanted to name the baby, we wanted something that complimented "King" and that was unique but easy to pronounce, etc. We ideally wanted something that started with a K and that was two syllables long. We first heard the name "Kenley" from a person on one of our favorite reality TV shows, Project Runway: a fashion designer named Kenley Collins. http://kenleycollins.com/ We wouldn't say we named the baby after the designer, as she was not a very nice person on the show, but we still loved the name and decided it was perfect for our baby. Kenley is an English name and has been used for both boys and girls and also as a surname. It means "Royal Meadow" pr "the King's meadow" and is the name of a town in England (in Surrey). According to the social security website, Kenley is the 998th most popular name ...
I'm already tearing up reading about our first baby!! This is definitely going to be a summer of joyful tears for so many reasons! I love you guys and know you'll be fab parents. I'm so excited to babysit!
ReplyDeleteTessa
Beautiful "blankie"! Love the colors! From a preschool teacher's (who also has toddlers in her class) point-of-view "blankies", "softies", "lovies" etc are a lifesaver!
ReplyDelete